Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fudge Knives CONTEST! No purchase necessary!

Okay, so I understand that it may be somewhat daunting to consider posting to a site that has been steadily becoming more entrenched in it's seedy, Ohio-laden history, and for that I apologize. So in an unprecedented effort, allow me to offer another, more open-ended approach that hopefully may invite dialogue from those of you lying in wait. Here's a list (partial, unruly) of names that I considered when naming Fudge Knives, Fudge Knives:

Herringbonbon

Starskater

Tacospock

Underbreak

Quietrockout

Toastedd

Shakeride

Tubesand (thanks to support from Ellen Ito)

Tenderoni
(and in full disclosure, my questions with *Tenderoni* run deep and dark. The term itself appears shrouded in mystery on par with the Knights Templar, and is not made clearer through lyrics like this,

Where Did You Come From Lady
And Ooh Won’t You Take Me There
Right Away Won’t You Baby
Tendoroni You’ve Got To Be
Spark My Nature
Sugar Fly With Me
Don’t You Know Now
Is The Perfect Time
We Can Make It Right
Hit The City Lights
Then Tonight Ease The Lovin’ Pain
Let Me Take You To The Max

Michael Jackson, P.Y.T.)



So what does this have to do with me-- who has not posted to Fudge Knives recently (or maybe at all)-- you ask?

Well, Fudge Knives is now holding it's
FIRST ONLINE CONTEST! The person (or contestant) who generates the best re-name for Fudge Knives will have their replacement name posted in the header bar (the place that says Fudge Knives on the screen) for ONE ENTIRE MONTH, beginning on November 1, 2007. Oh, and just for fun, I'll be having a GUEST JUDGE (to be named later). To enter, simply type your suggestion into the Comments area for this posting. Deadline for entries is 7 pm, October 31, 2007.

Think of it, instead of Fudge Knives, you can ask your friends to check out

Itoworld

Miller Time

Jessicaville

Really, the only limits are your imagination.

Good luck everyone, and let's keep it a clean fight. Eye of the Tiger.

6 comments:

Dilettante Ventures said...

Become even more "entrenched in it's seedy, Ohio-laden history" and name it:

source 1 + source 2 =
Buckeye Donuts is People!

TBDBITL - The Best Damn Blog In The Land (with this one you can even choose someone to "dot the i" each day/week - although i think that's what got Sen. Craig in so much trouble...

Tressel Flakes

benha said...

how many "white russians" have you had? let me be the first to throw my hat in the ring,

"Fudge Knives 2.0"

I know its a bit techy, but this is on the web. why does Darc Mombrosky insists on renaming this mess. Did Micheal Jackson rename the moon walk the cosmic shuffle. A rose by any other name would still be the place where Marc, Bryan and Ben mock the rest of the world.

Tighten your girdle, you cant put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Ben,
still Ben,
I have not changed it,,,,,yet.

jbal said...

Since I have never noticed that fudgeknives is entrenched in any particular belief system, especially one having to do with a certain purple state, and, furthermore, have thus far been unafraid of posting to said blog (see the post I am about to post, for example), I'm going to throw my (New Jersey Nets) hat in the ring with the entry Undaunted but Oblivious.

---Bryan Wilkerson--- said...

I agree with Ben and salute JBal for his post. FudgeKnives is and should forever be a melting pot! It is like wet clay awaiting to be shaped into a magnificent giant head filled with the ideas of all those who contribute.

jbal said...

Hi, Bryan, it's me, Jess, but you can continue to refer to me with male pronouns if you wish, especially, since, I, was, dressed as K-Fed on Saturday. You might be, understandably, confused.

Marc Dombrosky said...

and this, from Ellen:

My earlier invite to be amongst the elite contributors to the esteemed
weblog, Fudge Knives, has expired due to neglect. I ask, at this time,
for your forgiveness and beg for a reprieve. Please, accept my humble
offering of the following potential names as a bridge to peace:

Long,Chinese Man Arms: The Blog

A moustache for you monsieur

X54329

Heartsong for You

You So Smart

and, saving the best for last:

VANILLA FUDGE KNIVES

Out,
Ellen